Thursday, April 18, 2013

Seeing the Nature


Author's Note: This is my first writing response for the book I am currently reading called Pilgrim at Tinker Creek.  I am writing about the second chapter when the main character talks about seeing nature. I wanted to write more of a creative writing piece of her seeing the nature around her on the creek.

I race through the woods, looking around at my surroundings. There are the sycamore trees piling above my head, and different animals below my feet. As I stop running, I enter the creek. It is beautiful this time of day with the frogs jumping on lily pads, and the sound of crickets slightly chirping. I walk ahead a few steps and sit on the dirt, feeling it with my hands. I move my head around watching the deer galloping through the woods next to the water.  I smile as I am watching the nature circle me as I lay down and shut my eyes.

Later that night, I wake up to the sounds of the frog's croaks and crickets chirping. I stand up, twisting my head from side to side waiting for my eyes to adjust to the darkness. I hear the bushes shaking from the wind as I walk past, touching the trees so I know which way I am walking. I finally reach my house; I then turn on my porch light staring into the distance. Everything in the world right now is dark. There are no sounds of animals anymore. The wind died and the lights of my neighbors have turned off. There is nothing for me to see anymore. I then lay down on the front porch, and close my eyes once more. 

1 comment:

  1. This is a good job of imitating her style of noting the details of nature. Next try to draw some sort of observation that is a connection, inspired by the scene in nature which actually reflects on something more intellectual. That is a challenge, I know, but I am confident you can do it. If you would like to practice together let me know.

    ReplyDelete