Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Soccer

Author's Note: This piece, I wanted to share my experience of a soccer player. I have playing since I was just a little girl, so I wanted to share my thoughts about what the game really meant. In this piece, I wanted my voice to expand over the writing. Also, I wanted to try hard not to have any spelling errors.

You are in your position on the field. You are staring st the player across from you, getting ready to run for the ball. The whistle blows, as the ball makes its way up the field. You race in and out of people calling for the small black in white sphere. Then there's a pass, as you race for it, knocking down people in your way. I receive it and then you dribble and it's just me and the goalie. One on one as I make a move. My teammate shows up on my left and I make a pass, and them she shoots. We have a goal!

Soccer has been in my life since I was three years old. I actually played for the YMCA until I moved clubs over to Pewaukee. When I was younger, I used to be afraid of the round figure on the field. Yes the ball. My goal was to be farthest away from it on the field and never even get a touch on it. If I was passed to, I would look at it and most likely score in the other teams goal. I had a rough few years playing recreational soccer.

As I grew older, I used to get more into the game. When I went in third grade, instead of being co-ed, it went to being all girls and all boys on a team. My dad was my coach, and he would always motivate me to get ready to try-out for select soccer. Although, at the time I didn't want to even touch the ball. My dad played me all over the field. As offense, defense, and even a little bit of goalie. I started play well in the game. I would score an average of one goal a game. Actually, my team never lost a game.

When I went into the fifth grade, I tried out for the soccer team. There was around 30 girls at the try-out, and all of them knew what they were doing. Once the try-outs were done, I felt like the stress lift off my shoulders. As the try-outs were soon posted, I saw that I made a team. I was happy that I made the team, and I stayed on the team for the next four years.

Throughout my soccer playing career, I have learned that I am not the best player. Evey game and practice that I have attended I have gotten better. I have played every position and scored goals, but I also learned an important lesson. I learned that you can always get better with what you do. So you should never give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment